Sunday, October 4, 2009

Land-monsters! (Illiterate Clam Vendors, Guido Sunbathers and More)


I snapped this gem a couple of years back on a day trip to Coney Island - which, if you've never been too, don't. I don't recall, but it must have been some kind of holiday, because the entire boardwalk was filled with giant idiots and future rapists.
The place is truly fun for the Hole Family, as advertised (see photo).

Speaking of holes, is it just me or do you think an entire roll of nickles would disappear into this guy's belly button? I stumbled across these two monsters while in line to buy a Nathan's hot dog - a line I quickly withdrew from after observing these two, as I had abruptly lost my appetite.
Naturally, my first thought was that this must be some kind of bizarre performance art or that perhaps two sea lions had escapes from the nearby aquarium, because humans like these don't exist in the real world. But apparently Coney Island is not the real world and these two were indeed flesh and blood. All seven hundred pounds of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment